One of the single, most important changes you can make to your kitchen to create a dramatic effect is to install new kitchen cabinets. Some homeowners even repurpose old units to create brand-new kitchen cabinet styles. Our team at JSB Home Solutions has helped many owners to create custom cabinets and look forward to more projects like this. If you find existing cabinetry that meets your needs, we can install these as-is, as well.
How the Installation Journey Works
At JSB Home Solutions, we know firsthand that construction in your home can feel chaotic. We want to help you bring your plans to life as quickly and efficiently as possible so that we can minimize disruptions. These are the general steps we follow to make this possible:
- Make an Appointment: Many appointments begin with queries from our customers. You may have questions about choosing the right cabinetry and what styles might suit the existing design of your home. You can schedule an appointment by phone or email.
- First Consultation: We prepare for the initial consultation based on the information you provided to us. At this point, we might seek additional information, such as your budget, the pain points you want to resolve, and the style(s) you prefer.
- Site Review: We then need to evaluate your existing kitchen area. Our team will make a note of the current design and all the necessary dimensions. We also speak with you about any intentions you may have to change existing appliances, as this also affects cabinetry sizes.
- Design Draft: With the measurements at our fingertips, we can finally present you with a sketch to give you a better idea of what your new kitchen will look like. The sketch takes into consideration traffic flow, kitchen purpose, budget, and other key factors.
- Design and Approval: We create a 3D rendering of your final design based on the feedback we receive on the initial sketch. Some homeowners have already picked out so many of the details that we can move almost immediately to this step after completing the site review.
What Kitchen Cabinet Types to Look For
We encourage homeowners to take a look at the many different types of cabinetry and decide what works best for the way they use the kitchen regularly. There are three main types of kitchen cabinets to keep in mind: base cabinets, wall cabinets, and pantry cabinets.
There are also cabinetry alternatives to consider. For instance, if you have antiques you wish to display or would like to add plants to the kitchen, consider open shelving. There are also many homeowners who successfully incorporate full-height bathroom cabinets.
The Main Kitchen Styles
When it comes to kitchen styles, determine what you like before attempting to put a name to it. Note that while some kitchen styles work well together, it is often best to stick to elements from just one or two.
- Modern: Modern kitchens show off clean lines, neutral colors, and a preference for minimalism. Appliances also tend to be updated and top-of-the-line.
- Industrial: When it comes to contemporary design, industrial stands in a class all alone. It brings some commercial elements into the home, such as the use of natural metals in the fixtures and appliances.
- Classic: Older and more traditional homes tend to feature classic kitchens. These designs tend to embrace the use of darker-stained wood, antique pieces, and cabinetry with more elaborate engravings.