Understanding How Humidity Affects Your Hardwood Cabinets

Understanding How Humidity Affects Your Hardwood Cabinets Normally, wood and moisture do not go well together but actually, there is always moisture in wood. Wood has the ability to withstand and store water in order to maintain a certain level of equilibrium, so technically they work well together. The relationship between humidity and cabinets is…

Read More

Reface or Replace?

Replace vs. Reface: What’s The Difference? The biggest need in a kitchen remodel is a cabinet update. Most of the time, homeowners want to change their cabinets in some way, shape, or form. Surprisingly, cabinets that are in good structural shape are demoed and replaced because a homeowner doesn’t like the look. On the other…

Read More

The Cost of a Kitchen Remodel in 2023

The Cost of a Kitchen Remodel in 2023   Your kitchen is one the most frequented places in your home, next to your bathroom, and most of the time a kitchen remodel gets put on the back burner. While kitchen remodels often get forgotten about, they are one of the most satisfying remodels in a…

Read More

The Three Grades of Quartz

  Understanding The Three Grades of Quartz There’s no doubt that quartz materials are beautiful pieces of engineered stone. Quartz materials, like countertops, are made from at least 90% stone particles and the other 10% is normally resins, colorants, and fillers. Deciding whether to install quartz countertops commonly comes down to cost. The price of…

Read More

Quarts, Laminate, Or Granite?

Quarts vs. Laminate vs. Granite   Choosing a countertop to complete your renovation space is a big task and it’s important to know the details of each option that you are presented with. Laminate, Quartz, and Granite are the most popular and common countertop choices that consumers make. Each material has similarities and differences that…

Read More

Quartz vs Laminate Countertops: Which is Best in 2023?

When remodeling your kitchen, making the right choice for your countertop is essential. The countertop is typically the primary prep surface and the second most prominent surface in your kitchen (after the cabinets). Countertops play a major role in a kitchen’s appearance and cooking experience. It’s important to consider all the factors when choosing your…

Read More

Quartz Countertops: Types, Cost, & Care

A selection of countertops

Quartz countertops have become incredibly popular over the last decade. However, there are still a lot of details that people don’t know about them such as what is a quartz countertop made of, and how can a single material give you a massive variety of appearance options.  Quartz is a naturally occurring mineral found in…

Read More

How to Remove Cabinet Shelf Clips

Installing Shelf clips

One of the primary advantages of cabinets is that they are adjustable. The cabinets contain removable shelf clamps that can be easily removed to adjust shelf height. Removing them involves unhooking the fastener(or pushing and pulling it out), which may require some force. Most of our kitchen cabinet shelves have inexpensive and easy-to-use shelf clips,…

Read More

Should You Install Flooring Before You Install Cabinets?

A person installing wood flooring in a home with JSB Home Solutions- Here are some tips!

Many homeowners feel stuck contemplating whether to begin with the floor or cabinets during a remodeling project. The skepticism results from some contractors claiming that beginning with the floor is an industry-standard and others arguing that starting with the cabinets is okay.   So, what should you start with? JSB Home Solutions‘ factory-trained technicians have…

Read More

Basic Steps of Kitchen Remodeling

JSB Home Solutions presenting custom kitchen cabinets being installed in Canal Winchester, OH

Remodeling your kitchen not only improves your home’s value but also allows the space to function in a way that works better for you. Kitchen renovations can be difficult and are best left to professionals. Planning out the process carefully helps you get the results you want. Every renovation differs, but there are several basic…

Read More