Many traditions have been put on hold this year. But, this Fall there are many outdoor activities that have not been canceled! Your family can achieve some sense of normalcy by visiting these Columbus area Fall staples. We rounded up five affordable and family fun activities you can enjoy!
- The Pumpkin Patch: Would your Fall season be complete without a trip to the pumpkin patch? Pick up some freshly brewed apple cider and take a hayride out to pick a pumpkin! Check out these Columbus staples to plan your pumpkin patch adventure:
- Jacquemin Farms
- Hidden Creek Farms
- Apple Picking: How do you support local farms and make your kids grocery shop for you? Visit an apple orchard! We highly recommend using those freshly picked apples to make some apple pie or apple butter. A few apples farms to visit in the Columbus area:
- Boo at the Zoo: Always a family favorite, Boo at the Zoo! Be sure to book your tickets early for this event! This year’s Boo at the Zoo will include Jack-O-Latern hide and seek, a trick or treat trail, train rides and more! Additional information can be found at columbuszoo.org
- Freeman’s Farm: Visitors to Freeman’s Farm can enjoy hayrides, delicious concessions (hotdogs and chili just to name a few), a farm animal petting area, scarecrow making and apple butter demonstrations! Best part? Admission is free! Come pumpkin picking and just get in the Fall spirit at this wonderful farm! More information can be found on their website: https://freemansfarm.com/
- Fairfield County Trail of Scarecrows: A place so serious about scarecrows, it has been dubbed “The Scarecrow Capital of Ohio”. Fairfield County has 14 communities displaying fantastic scarecrows during the entire month of October! This is a self-guided (read FREE!) experience and no reservations are necessary. Checkout last year’s “People’s Choice” winner (photo courtesy of FCT Facebook page)! More information about this event can be found on their Facebook page.